The general theory of evolution is
false. This is the
theory that teaches that all living things arose from a single
common origin, and that over eons of time they have developed into
their present form. And all of this, it is claimed, was the product of pure
chance or accident. This
theory is false for several basic reasons: 1) it is not logical,
2) it does not conform to known laws of science and facts
of archaeology, and 3) most importantly, because the Bible says it
is not so. This
lesson is intended to show a few of the numerous weaknesses of
this false theory, and to instill faith in the Bible account of
I. THE FOSSILS SAY NO!
A. If evolution actually occurred over a period of billions
of years, then there ought to be multiplied millions of fossils
documenting the gradual changes as they took place.
B. Charles Darwin wrote in Origin of
Species; "The number of intermediate and transitional
links between all living and extinct species must have been
C. But, there are no such intermediate or
transitional fossils - NONE!
D. Dr. David Kitts (an evolutionist) said. "Despite the bright promise that paleontology provides a
means of “seeing" evolution, it has presented some nasty
difficulties for evolutionists, the most notorious of which is the
presence of "gaps" in the fossil record.
Evolution requires intermediate forms between species, and
paleontology does not provide them." ("Paleontology and
Evolutionary Theory", Evolution, Sept. 1974, p 466).
II. EVOLUTIONARY THEORY CONTRADICTS KNOWN LAWS OF
A. 1st Law of Thermodynamics
1. Also known as the law of energy conservation.
2. States that no energy is being created or destroyed in the physical
3. Evolution requires massive "surges" of introduced energy
into the system.
B. 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
1. Sometimes called the law of entropy.
2. This law explains that material things in the physical universe tend
to run down, decay, and become less ordered.
3. Evolution claims that physical matter has become more ordered - much
C. Law of Biogenesis
1. States that all life comes from life, and that living things
reproduce in their own kind.
a. This is clearly a law
that God instituted.
2. Evolution teaches spontaneous generation and change between
III. THERE HAS NOT BEEN ENOUGH TIME FOR EVOLUTION TO OCCUR
A. If evolution is true,
it would have required incredibly long periods of time.
B. The Bible teaches that the earth is
relatively very young (6 - 8,000 years maximum).
is increasing scientific evidence which shows a young age for the
1. Population studies.
2. Depletion of the earth's magnetic field.
3. Shrinkage of the sun.
4. Hydrogen levels in the universe.
1. What about dating methods like Carbon 14 dating, etc., which say that
the earth is very old?
2. The earth "looks" older than 6 - 8,000 years old.
THE BIBLE SAYS
the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"
to God in the church by Christ Jesus
Church of Christ